Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Boomer Blogging

I read several blogs regularly, because I use Outlook, and have it set to download a few blogs automatically. Josh's recent experience with appendicitis was fodder for a whole lot of posts on his blog, and I get a kick out of reading Brenda Boston's blog, and I'm following Larry & Krista Lain's in Mongolia.

But I just don't seem to take the time to blog myself. I realized that when I saw Josh's favorite blogs. Mine is listed, and it said that my last blog was 4 month ago. OK, now it doesn't say that any more.

I've had an interesting summer full of physical work at church. Brad and I spent 2-3 weeks ripping out the termite and rot infested lumber in the walls of our church, and replacing them with a solid structure. Then I moved into outdoor mode and spent the last several weeks working on the new lawn north of our church. A lot of people put in a lot of time, clearing rocks out of the soil, leveling the field, installing irrigation, and sowing seed. The grass is starting to sprout now.

Growth takes time, and you really can't hurry it up. You can prepare the soil, make sure there is enough water, sow the seed, and then let God work. It's that way for grass, and it is that way for people too.

No comments: